While Phillip was in Honduras ( the weekend of June 8), Brody and I took a trip for the weekend to Searcy, AR for Phillip's Mimmie's 80th birthday party. This was the longest trip that I have ever been on in the car with Brody by myself. It is harder without Phillip there to help out, but overall it wasn't too bad and we made it. It was also weird driving into Searcy without Phillip. I haven't driven into Searcy by myself since I was in college, so it was kind of a blast from the past moment.
Mimmie is Phillip's grandma who lives with Danny and Cathy in Searcy. Cathy takes care of her during the day full time because she has Alzheimer's. I admire the dedication, and servant heart that Cathy displays in taking care of Mimmie. She does so much for her and I truly admire her for it.
Friday night we helped Cathy and Danny prepare the final preparations for the party, which took place Saturday morning. They did so much to host this party, they had around 30 people there on Saturday. Danny grilled burgers for everyone, Cathy fixed delicious sides, and they ordered a wonderful birthday cake from Harp's for Mimmie.
Brody enjoying eating dinner at Big Daddy and Mimma's house.
Playing with his tractor.
Hanging out with Uncle Mike!
Brody loved the outdoor toys the Mimma bought for the weekend! Here he is playing with bubbles!
Admiring Mimma's pretty flowers.
"Are you going to be mad if I pick these flowers?"
Enjoying celebrating Mimmie's 80th birthday on Saturday.
Mimmie and Brody. Brody had a great time playing with all of Phillip's relatives that were there. He was so sacked out that he took a great afternoon nap in the middle of the party.
I love my sweet little boy. :)
We were so glad that we could be there to celebrate sweet Mimmie's birthday. She is such a kind, tender hearted lady that played a huge role in the man Phillip is today. I love this picture of her and Brody.
Phillip's Aunt Rhonda playing with Brody at the party. As you can tell, he had a shirt change after eating cake and ice cream. :)
Laura Annie and Kayla, they are cousins. I had never met Laura Annie before, so it was great to get to meet her she is a sweetheart. She is the daughter of Uncle David who is Mimmie's brother who lives in Texarkana. Her and her family live outside of Memphis, and her and her daughter came up for the party.
Brody and I got up Sunday morning and left to go home. Since I was traveling by myself and didn't know how he would do in the car on the trip home I wanted to go ahead and get the trip over with, which is why we didn't stay for church.
We had a fun weekend and I was so glad we got to be there to celebrate Mimmie's special day.













No comments:
Post a Comment