Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving Brody and I flew in to Waco to visit my parents. The first night that we were there Dad and I went to the Baylor women's game. They played Yale and beat them. They are ranked #1 in the country. I really wish that I could go to more Baylor basketball games, it is so fun to see them doing so well this year! Dad and I have been going to Baylor games for years. I grew up going to Baylor Lady Bear Basketball camp, and have been a fan for a long time. So when I am at home it is always fun to go watch them play. 




Brody and Dad have this game they play called, "boy in a box." Brody will get in a box and Dad will pull him and the box with a blanket. Brody absolutely loves it!




Thursday morning we drove to Dallas to run in the Turkey Trot! This is a family tradition that we have done for the past 13 years and it continues to be a lot of fun!

Poppie, Marmie, and Brody at the Turkey Trot. 




Me and my little man all bundled up!




Phillip drove to Dallas on Wednesday night, spent the night with Cal and Jamie and then headed to the Trot that morning. We were so excited to see him!


Cal, dog Dirk, and mom. Poor Dirk was shivering. 




Jamie, me, and Dad were the only family members to run in the race. 


This is Jamie and Cal's first Thanksgiving together as a married couple!


Family picture before the race. 


After the race we went to Aunt Becky's house for the rest of the day. We had a great time getting together with all of my dad's side of the family.

Cousins playing games. 


Brody loved playing with Aunt Becky's kitchen. 





Brody and his Marmie. 


Dad and his mom ( Mimi Martin).


The boys playing football outside. 





Sisters!



Brody having fun swinging.



Playing with the magnets on the refrigerator. 



This is Brody and my cousin Ashlie's little girl Maddie. She was born in May of 2010 only a few months older than Brody. It was fun watching them play together. 







Me and Ash. 



Me and Ashlie's oldest Hunter. I love him so much!


Martin family picture. Missing people include Meagan, Jimmy and his kiddos, and Uncle David. 


We had a fantastic day in Dallas celebrating Thanksgiving. I enjoyed getting to spend time with family who mean the world to me. :) I am so thankful to God for the privilege to be apart of such a wonderful extended family. I am also thankful for my own growing family. I am very thankful for Phillip and Brody, the are the apple of my eye and mean the world to me. We had so much to be thankful for this year on Thanksgiving. 

Thanksgiving night we headed back to Waco. We had a great weekend spending time with Cal and Jamie.



When we go to Mom and Dad's house, Dad likes to play a game with Brody that he calls, "boy in a box." Basically he pulls Brody in a cardboard box with a sheet. Brody loves it!



Since we weren't going to see Jamie and Cal at Christmas ( they were going to be in KCMO visiting Cal's mom) we had an early Christmas in Waco with my family. It was a lot of fun and very special being that it was Cal's first Christmas as an official member of the family! 


Brody loves spending time with them!!!



I love this picture of Brody with his Aunt Jamie. She is such a wonderful Aunt to him. We miss her so much and wished that we lived closer to them! 



Christmas presents!


Opening presents!



He loves his books!!





I loved the outfit Jamie and Cal gave him!


Playing with his barn from Marmie and Poppie!



Brody loved playing in the boxes that his presents came in!





Dad's new Cowboy's sweatshirt that we gave him.


Mom with her new purse!


Jamie loved her new Tom wedges!


Another sack Brody loved playing in. 




Brody helping Cal open his Steelers hat. 



Jamie gave Phillip a really cool looking vintage Arkansas T-shirt. 


Eating lunch at one of our favorite Waco lunch eateries, Schmaltz's. 



Phillip left to go home the Sunday after Thanksgiving and Brody and I stayed until Tuesday. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had a great time with my family. It was so good to be back in Texas for a week!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!




No comments: