Thursday, August 8, 2013

Destin Trip 2013

The last two Memorial Day weekends, Phillip and I have taken our family to Destin. The nice thing about living 7-8 hours from the beach, is that we have gotten to go often. In the eight years we have lived here, we have been to Destin six of the eight summers. 
This summer, we went with my cousin Shelley, her husband Rob, and their little boy Ryder. He is one month younger than Brody. We had a blast! We got there Thursday afternoon, and stayed until Monday morning. This is the second year that we have stayed at the Tops'l Resort in Sandestin. It's a beautiful place and we love staying there. 

On Thursday, we got there a couple of hours before Rob and Shelley did. After getting groceries and unpacking we took a dip in the pool. Brody is a little fish and had so much swimming in the pool which was right outside of our room. 


Brody was so excited when Ryder got there! 



After Shelley and Rob got there Thursday afternoon, we took the boys to the beach.  


These sweet cousin's were so cute to observe interacting. I can't wait to see them grow up together. 



This is one of my favorite sight's in the world.



This boy loves the sand!





On Friday morning the guys went and played golf, while the girls went shopping at the outlet mall. 



That night we had a fun time eating at Harbor Docks. 

The boys goofing around :) 


Family photo shoot outside. 





I'm so thankful for these two guys. 


I love my handsome little man. 



He loves the sand! 




My sweet boy :) 



We had so much good food at Harbor Docks! It was a great time. 


Slight wardrobe change because of the dinner that ended up all over his shirt. 





The whole gang!







The next few days we had a great time on the beach. The weather was beautiful and Brody had a blast playing in the sand and jumping the waves in the ocean. 



Thanks to Aunt Carole for getting the boys matching hats!







The boys having fun playing football. 


Lots of sandcastles were built, and then knocked down quickly. :)



I could enjoy this view all the time!




My little beach bum :) He literally could have stayed out there all day. 



Brody and his Daddy.


They loved getting in the ocean with goggles on and exploring. 


I could stay here forever :)





Paradise..



Fun times at the pool! 









One night Shelley and Rob kept Brody, and Phillip and I went on a date to Seaside. We had  a great time!




I just love Seaside! It's one of my favorite places ever. It's so unique, I really feel like I'm on the set of a movie when I'm there. 






Dinner was delicious, and we had a great time people watching. 



We had a great time shopping after dinner. 


Walking around the square. We had a great date night. 


We had a great trip to the beach with Rob and Shelley, and can't wait to go again next year! 










No comments: