Brody turned 13 months old on September 26. He is not walking yet but is standing up on his own for about 2-3 minutes at a time. He also loves pushing his walker toy. He used to only be able to push it forward, but now he has figured out how to go backwards and how to maneuver it around furniture and walls. Brody loves toy kitchens. Whenever I take him to the daycare at the gym the workers there say that he always likes playing at the kitchen. One worker told me that she went over to him one day and tried to pull him away from it because she was afraid that he would smash his fingers in the door. When she tried to take him away from it, he in turn pushed her away! In the church nursery that is the main thing that he plays with. I think the main thing that he likes is opening and closing things.
Brody loves to try things that he knows he is not supposed to get in to. He always goes towards the dog food, the stairs, the outlets, etc. Once I have those things blocked off and put up then he wants to play with his toys. He loves looking out the window outside, swinging at the park, climbing up slides, going down the slide head first, and is pretty much fearless. He does get kind of jumpy when startled by loud noises such as the vacuum cleaner, the blow drier, and the dogs barking. His latest favorite TV show that I started DVRing for him is Sesame Street. He is fascinated with anything that lights up, he loves alarm clocks, cell phones, the baby monitor, the noise maker in his room, just to name a few things.
Brody has gotten to the point now where he is getting more affectionate. When I feed him his bottle at night he likes to rub my hair ( sometimes pull it) and he likes to try and share his milk with me. I will pretend like that I'm drinking out of his bottle, I thank him for sharing with me, and then I give it back to him. Also at night he likes to lay his head on my shoulder sometimes. He has started giving "kisses" too. I will ask him to give me a kiss and he will lean in to my face with his mouth wide open. These little signs of affection are so sweet and just melt my heart.
Brody's favorite foods are grapes, Cheerios, veggie chips, bananas, any kind of bread, strawberries, Popsicles, pasta, just to name a few. He weighs 25 pounds, is wearing size 18 month clothes, size 6 shoe, and size 4 diaper. He likes to sleep with a lovie and a little blanket. He goes to bed between 6-7 and wakes up around 7. He still naps in the mornings usually about an hour, and in the afternoon between an hour and a half and two hours. If he doesn't nap well during the day he will go to bed anywhere between 5:30-6:30.
Brody snacking on his Cheerios and Shug hoping he will throw a couple his way!
Playing with his buddy Sadie!
This is the one cabinet in the kitchen that he can get in to. He loves pulling out the plastic bowling and pots and pans.
This is the infamous walker! He will entertain himself for quite a while walking around the kitchen and living room with it.
Brody and Marmie when she was here for a visit last weekend.
Another obsession, the refrigerator. I left the room for two minutes and this is what I came back to!
He loves his slide in the backyard!
Bundled up taking the dogs on their morning walk.
Riding the train at the zoo!
Brody is talking a lot more now that he is 13 months. I will ask him to repeat a word after me and he does it. ( It may not sound exactly like the word but the syllables are accurate). He babbles all the time, in the car, when we are around people, in his crib, everywhere! I can tell that he understands what I am saying a lot of the time.
He is also getting to the point where you can tell that he is familiar with certain people. We keep pictures of both sets of grandparents in his room and go over who they are. We also skype with them every week. I can tell that he is getting to the point where he knows who they are by the way he reacts when we skype with them and when we see them in person. There are also friends at church that you can tell that he is familiar with. When we go to the gym and I drop him off at the nursery, I can tell that he is familiar with the ladies that keep him back there.
I just love all the changes that have taken place with him in the past month and look forward to what we have have in store for us next month! I love my little guy so much and loving every second of him changing and growing! I feel so blessed!










No comments:
Post a Comment