We began the journey of driving to Oklahoma on Wednesday, August 3rd. We drove as far as Searcy and spent the night with Phillip's parents. On Thursday we woke up and drove to Conway where we visited Brody's great, great grandma, Maw Maw. After seeing her we drove two more hours to Ft. Smith, AR and stopped and had lunch with Kayla. It was so much fun getting to visit with her. She was so sweet and even brought Brody birthday presents!
Opening his presents!
After lunch we hit the road again and drove another hour and a half until we finally got to OKC! By this time we had had enough of time in the car and were so excited to be there! It was very hot that weekend. The temperature ranged anywhere from 107-11. Regardless of the heat we were excited to finally get to see Jamie's house. Her and Stephanie started renting this house a couple of years ago and I still had never seen it. Now Jamie and Cal have fixed it up and are going to live in it as newlyweds. It is such a neat house in a great part of town.
When we got there Jamie and Cal gave Brody his birthday presents!
Thursday night Phillip went with Cal, his brothers, and some of his friends to Cal's bachelor party. They went to a Casino outside of Norman and had a great time. After putting Brody to bed early because he was wiped out from traveling all day, I ate dinner with mom, dad, and Jamie. After dinner Jamie and dad practiced their father daughter dance. It was really good to get to spend time together as a family before all the wedding festivities started the next day.
Friday Philip kept Brody at the house and I went with mom and Jamie to the church. We met Cal's mom, and some of Jamie's friends there to start decorating. We decorated all morning and then that afternoon went and got a pedi and mani. Needless to say I was in need of some relaxation. I was pretty exhausted from traveling the day before, and staying up late the night before so I welcomed the pampering.
One of my favorite parts of the weekend was getting to hang out with Jamie. Since we don't live close we don't get to hang out that much but when we do it's so wonderful! I am so blessed to have a sister like her! I really enjoyed spending time with her and will never forget the memories we made during her wedding weekend.
Jamie and Stephanie getting a pedi.
Best sister ever!
Mom and Aunt Carole
Mom and Aunt Carole getting manicure's!
After getting pampered Jamie and I went home, changed for the rehearsal dinner and headed to Abuelo's to decorate. We had a great rehearsal at the church and then had a delicious Mexican food dinner that night.
I cannot describe how good Jamie and Cal are together. Cal is funny, never meets a stranger, is genuine, is an individual who is who he is no matter who he is with, he is loyal, selfless, a hard worker, wants to live a Christian life, is a leader, and I believe wants to make a difference in this world. I couldn't be happier with Jamie's choice. Cal fits perfectly with Jamie and is a great fit into our family. We love him so much!
Jamie and Calvin.
Listening to speech's at the rehearsal dinner.
Jamie with Cal and his family. His mom, brothers and their significant others.
After the rehearsal dinner Phillip took Brody home ( by the way Phillip was a huge help that weekend! He kept Brody most of the time so I could focus on wedding stuff) while I went with Jamie and her friends to her bachelorette party. We went to Red Pin, a bowling ally and swanky bar. It was really nice. We had drinks, cute cookies and had Jamie's lingerie shower too. It was a blast!
My cousin Ash and one of my BFF's came! We had so much fun and I was glad she was there.
Martin side of the family cousin's!
Coil side of the family cousin ( minus Shelley who was home with Ryder)
The next morning we had Jamie's bridesmaid brunch at a cute French restaurant. The food was wonderful!
Anna, Ally, and Haylo.
Mom and Jamie.
Some of my favorites Lorena ( Jamie's high school) girls, Christy and Victoria!
Jamie and Anna
After the brunch we headed to the church to start getting ready for the wedding. We got our hair and makeup done and hung out the rest of the day. Brody did really well I brought toys to the church for him to play with and he crawled around a lot, watched some of his Baby Einstein DVD's and took a two hour nap! The wedding coordinator found a pack in play, I put it in a dark room and turned the monitor on. It was amazing that he slept so well in a strange place. I was so thankful that he did though because he was going to have a long night ahead of him!
Jamie after getting her hair done. It looked beautiful!
All the girls getting ready!
Brody all dressed up and ready to go down the isle!
The beautiful bride!
Dad seeing Jamie for the first time.
Poppy and Brody.
Showing off her cowboy boots! True Texas girl!
Me and Phillip before the wedding.
I love my beautiful sister!
The reception was at a art museum cafe in downtown. It was a cool location and overlooked the lights of downtown. Instead of cake Jamie had cupcakes and for food she chose to have heavy ordure's. The reception was so fun, everything was beautiful! Phillip did a great job as the MC!
The dessert table.
Jamie and Cal during their first dance as man and wife.
Father daughter dance.
Dad making his speech at the reception.
Jamie and Cal cutting the cake.
Me and my beautiful cousin!
The candy table which I of course loved since I love candy!
Jamie throwing the bouquet!
Cal about to toss the garder!
The getaway car.
The newlyweds headed to their honeymoon in Mexico!
It was almost midnight and Brody had had enough partying for the night!
Overall we had a great weekend and are so happy for Jamie and Cal! We love you guys!



















1 comment:
What a sweet post! I'm so glad yall were able to come and help me SO MUCH with everything. I'm soooo glad Brodacious was a ring bearer. What great memories! Love you!
Post a Comment