Since Brody turned 5 months, I feel like he is officially going from being a "newborn" to a baby! Here are some changes that have taken place at 5 months.
- He is sitting up better than he used to. I usually keep the boppy pillow behind him just in case, but now he can sit up without me holding him for quite a while.
- While sitting up he is reaching for toys more. I usually lay toys out in front of him while he is sitting up and he loves reaching for them and usually putting them in his mouth!
- Brody has now figured out how to hold objects with both hands. One day it was like it clicked in his head that it would be a lot easier to pick up things if he used both hands! I have also introduced the sippy cup to him. He is drinking it right now when I help him hold it, but really likes holding it on his own.
- He is scooting on his belly. He doesn't go very far yet, but he pushes with his knees and grunts when he scoots. I usually put toys in front of him to try and get him to go for them.
- When he is in bed at night he moves around quite a bit. I will put him in bed at one end, and I will check the monitor later, and he has rolled to the other end. It's kind of funny! I have now stopped swaddling him, I stopped that when he turned 5 months. He is sleeping just fine without it. At first he would wake himself up swinging his legs in the air, but now he sleeps just fine.
- His favorite position to sleep his on his side. I try and place him on his side to help his head to round out more.
-Brody in his bath tub! He loves bath time! Lately I have been putting toy turtles in his bath tub and he loves playing with them. We take a bath every night before I feed him and put him to bed.
-Brody and his buddy Hudson. Hudson is our friends Scott and Kristie's son. They live down the street from us and are very dear friends. Hudson was born December 27th of this year. I look forward to them having more play dates together!
-This is Brody and his buddy Asher. His parents Lee and Angie go to church with us. Angie and Asher came over one day for a play date. Asher is one month older than Brody. We had a lot of fun!









2 comments:
He is such a doll! I just found your blog today through facebook so I am so excited I can now keep up with you and your sweet little family! Give that little one a hug from us! You are such a beautiful mommy...motherhood agrees with you!!
OMG BRODY IS SO SMILEY!!!!! I can't wait to see him this weekend and hog hiM!
Post a Comment