Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First Blog Post.... Brody's First Christmas

          I have decided to become a member of the blog world for the first time. I don't do scrap books, so I thought this was a good way to record some special moments that we have as a family. It will also be a good way to record sweet Brody's special moments starting now at four months old.  For all of our friends and family that are reading this that live out of town I had you in mind when deciding to start a blog. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I am enjoying writing it.
      
    Christmas 2010 was one of the most special ones I've ever had. It was so wonderful having Brody there for his first Christmas. He turned four months old on December 26. These past four months have been some of the most special months of our lives. 
  
    On holidays we rotate families that we visit. This year we were with Phillip's family for Thanksgiving, and my family for Christmas. Christmas with my family took place in Florence, Alabama at Uncle Keith and Aunt Carole's house. My mom's whole side of the family gets together for several days to celebrate. There were 18 people total this year.  Brody and I went to Florence on Tuesday before Christmas, and Phillip came on Thursday. Mom and Dad ( Marmie and Poppie to Brody) were there, Uncle Keith, Aunt Carole( newly elected Judge in Flo-town) cousin John, Mimi, Uncle Charlie and Aunt Paula, Cousin Stephanie and her boyfriend Renner, Cousin Shelley her husband Rob, kids Ryder and Caden, and my sister Jamie and her boyfriend Cal. 
        
      We had a great time on the days leading up to Christmas, we did last minute Christmas shopping, took Brody to visit Santa, played the Wii, board games, and some Christmas games Aunt Paula made up,  ate lots of wonderful food, threw the football, and overall simply enjoyed being together as a family. After being together, it made me reflect on how thankful I am for my family. God has blessed us in so many ways. I am so thankful to have a wonderful extended family and the greatest husband and son! I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us!


It was extra special this year having the two new babies there. Cousin Ryder and Brody are only a few weeks apart. This picture is of them hanging out in their bumbos.
Cousin Shelley, Ryder, me and Brody

                                     Cousins eating lunch at "La Fonda."
                            Brody with his Marmie and Poppie on Christmas Eve.
                                     The whole family on Christmas Eve.
                                  
                         Brody with his great grandma Mimi on Christmas Eve.

                          Brody with his Marmie opening his presents from Santa.
                                          
Brody loved his first Christmas!! Merry Christmas 2010!

3 comments:

Spencer and Emily said...

Christine! Your blog looks SO cute! I love it!!!

Charlotte Martin said...

What a Fantastic job!! I am so proud of you!!! It looks so classy!
Love, Mom

Suzanne said...

yaaaaaay! good for you, girlfriend!!! loved the pics- brody is adorable. i'm so sorry about his kidney reflux. UGH! love love love you!
suz