Thursday, November 10, 2011

Visiting Marmie and Poppie August 2011

       The week after Jamie and Cal's wedding Brody and I rode to Waco with Mom and Dad to spend the week with them. I totally forgot to blog about this week, so now I am!
        We drove from Oklahoma City to Waco on Sunday August 7th. We stayed for a week and flew back to Nashville the following Monday. It was so much fun getting to be home. I loved just getting to hang out with Mom and Dad all week.
       One of my favorite things about going back is getting to see some of my dearest friends in the world.  I spent one afternoon with my dear friend Emily. We ate lunch at Ninfa's, went shopping, and had a great time together! She is expecting a little girl in February! I am so excited for her and Spencer. Brody and I had a play date with my good friend Lauren and her boys. James is five and Jack is 3. She is also expecting her 3rd boy! She has been such a loyal friend to me for so long and it's always great getting to see her when I am in Waco.
        It was nice to get to go to church on Sunday and see everyone that I miss so much! I also love for them to get to see Brody and how much he has grown and changed since I was there last. One of my favorite things about going home is getting to eat great Mexican food, seeing people that I grew up with, and just enjoying the comforts of being at home. Here are a few pictures I took from the week we spent in Waco.
                                           
                                            Dad and Brody playing with the ball on the floor!


Brody loved riding up and down the driveway in the wagon. 


Mom and Brody




Mom and Dad have two cats that Brody was fascinated with. In this picture he is sitting in the grass staring at the cats. 



One day we went to Baylor University and went to the Mayborn Museum. It was awesome! I had never been but Mom has been quite a bit with her class from school. She was really looking forward to taking Brody there. I can't wait to go back, he loved it!






Marmie and Brody checking out some of the animals.


I love this picture of the two of them! They have so much fun together!


He loved this piano!





Playing in the bubbles. 



Playing in the front yard with Marmie.


Brody loves bubbles!



Poppie giving Brody a bath. 


Hanging out with Poppie.



Wrestling on the floor with Poppie! 



We had great week just hanging out and being at home. I always love our time there and look forward to going back at Thanksgiving!


                                                         
       
                                                             

No comments: