Monday, March 14, 2011

6 Months Old!

    Brody Martin Wood turned 6 months old on February 26th. It's amazing that we hit the 6 month mark. I love the phase that we are in with him. We are having so much fun! I just fall more in love with this little guy every day. I thank God everyday that he was brought into our lives. I look forward to him waking up in the mornings because I absolutely love getting to spend the day with him. One of my favorite parts of the day is walking in his room in the mornings when he wakes up. He always gets so excited when he hears me or Phillip coming into the room. My heart could just burst with joy and love!
  
  As Brody turned 6 months old, here are some things that he is doing now.
His eating and sleeping schedule: 
Wakes up between 7:30-8 a.m.
Nurses
Eats breakfast. This usually consists of a fruit baby food. We have tried all of the fruits so far. He seems to like all of them. Some of his favorites seem to be pears and bananas.
9 a.m. he goes down for his morning nap. This usually lasts between 1- 1/2 hours.
11 a.m. nurses
Eats lunch. Right now we are working through the vegetable baby foods. We have tried carrots, green beans, and peas. We try one baby food for three days, so that way if he has an allergic reaction, we will know which food he is allergic to.
3 p.m. Nurses
5:45 ish Dinner. Right now we do vegetables and we are going to also introduce meat baby food eventually.
6:15 bath time.
6:30 Nurses before bedtime.
7:00 Brody is put in his bed.

Brody's Favorite Things & Latest Developments
- His favorite movements are rolling, moving by pulling his knees up to his chest, and scooting.
- He grabs things( anything he can get his hands on!) with two hands. He can also hand objects from one hand to the other. He love love loves putting things in his mouth.
- He is teething! His two bottom teeth are coming in. They are so cute! He is drooling and chewing on everything. Other than that, teething doesn't seem to have affected him too much. He hasn't been too fussy or has acted like that he has been in much pain due to teething.
- Brody loves toys that light up and talk. I have had a lot of fun getting him toys. Lately I have found some that he loves at kid's consignment sales.
- When playing with his toys, he has figured out how to push buttons and loves it.
- We read to our sweet boy every day. We try and read to him as much as we can. Brody is fascinated with books. He grabs them and looks intently at the pages.
- At his 6 month checkup, he was 18 lbs, 14 ounces and 27 inches long.

- Brody lights us when his daddy comes in room. He watches him like a hawk. Everything that Phillip does, Brody watches him. There is a special bond between Brody and his sweet daddy. Phillip loves Brody so much. He spends quality time with him everyday. Right when he walks in the door, you can tell that he is really excited to see him. Phillip does a great job of spending a lot of time with him before he goes to bed every night. Some times on weeknights, I will go work out and Phillip will bath, feed him, and put him to bed. I know these are special bonding times for Brody and his dad. I'm very thankful for these times and am excited to see their bond grow through the years.
- He loves to laugh! He laughs at the most interesting things! The other day we were at my friend, Audra's house and she was getting on to her dog and Brody was dying laughing! He has the cutest laugh! It is like music to my ears! One of the sweetest sounds I've every heard!
- Our dogs and Brody are good buddies. Brody likes to pet them, and they love to lick him. Ranger likes to think that Brody's toys are his toys. Haha!
- Skyping is something that we have been doing with the grandparents since Brody was about 3 months old. It is such a gift for them to be able to see Brody live! It is such a blessing that they can see him not only through pictures, but also through the computer.
- He really likes faces. He loves touching faces especially noses!

- The first time Brody went to the nursery at church was in Waco, TX when we went and visited my parents. I left him on a Wednesday night. He did great! The second time I left him was this past Sunday at Fourth Avenue. I knew it was time for him to go to the nursery, because I actually looked forward to leaving him in the nursery. It was getting to the point in church that he was getting so loud and cranky that I wasn't spending much time in church.
- Brody never meets a stranger. Everyone that we come into contact with, the salesperson at a store, cashier at the grocery store, people on airplanes, he smiles at! Pretty much anyone that pays him attention and smiles at him, he coos and smiles back at them! I love this about him.
- In restaurants, Brody can now sit in a high chair. We have a cover that we take with us that he sits in. I also bring baby food with me to feed him in restaurants. I have realized though that I need to get mats/ table covers because Brody loves to touch the tables at restaurants.
- Baby boy is now big enough to ride in the front part of the cart at the grocery store. It is so cute. I put a cart cover on the cart and put toys in front of him, and he is good to go. He is fascinated with my grocery list and loves to try and grab it and put it in his mouth.


Brody now enjoys walks since I got him sunglasses! Before he would keep his eyes closed because the sun would be in his eyes.
Yummy food!
This is Ranger's favorite spot.
Playing with his friend Sadie Demming!
Ranger follows Brody around everywhere! They are best buddies!
Brody's first time to ride in a cart! He loves it!

He loves taking a bath in his new duck bath tub.

Woops! He took a dive in the water while I was taking a picture!
He enjoys playing with his toys in the water. 
6 month old photo shoot in his crib! It's hard for him to stay still for the picture, he loves to move!
This has been the best six months of my life. Brody has been the most wonderful gift and I am so thankful to have him in our lives. 
Sporting his new shades! We go on walks with the dogs every day. 
Daddy and Brody hanging out.
Ranger is always close by Brody, the love each other~
Brody has a special bond with Phillip. You can tell that he really enjoys being with him. I feel so blessed, Phillip is a great father.
Brody is now sitting up on his own!
He wears size 2 shoes, size 6-9 month clothes.
Brody with Marmie, and Aunt Ruby at Target in Waco. 
Brody, these last six months have been so wonderful. I love being your mom. Sometimes there are hard things that come with being a mom, but I want you to know you are absolutely worth it. I love you so much and your dad and I would do anything in the world for you. We pray all the time for God to give us wisdom as parents. God made only one you, you are so unique and special. 

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13.

This was my favorite verses when I was pregnant with you. Please never forget this. We want to do our best to raise you to praise the Lord and walk with him your whole life. This is the purpose of parenting to your dad and I. Happy 6 month birthday! I can't wait to see what the next 6 months has in store for us! We love you! 

Mom and Dad

1 comment:

Nick and Lindsay said...

Brody is precious! I hope he is feeling much better after his surgery - I know that was so hard for y'all. Yes, we will be at the reunion and will be excited to introduce Evie and Brody then!